Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Intro

It is time to start my own blog since I often witness highly ignorant events that need to be shared with the world.

During my senior year of college, the Quote Wall was born. It began as a way to forever harness the OUTLANDISH comments, thoughts and random musings of three roommates. It grew into a literary masterpiece rivaling the greatest words of Robert Frost...err better yet Muhammad Ali, and crack headed antics of Richard Pryor. (by the way, I met someone recently who didn't know who Richard Pryor was!!!) As the year continued the Wall grew in size and in legend. Starting as a single piece of computer paper, it grew exponentially into a 26 page masterpiece. By page 5, friends and complete strangers (who heard myths of the Wall but never actually gazed upon its beauty) began to intentionally say things, hoping it was deemed Wall worthy. A chance at infamy. Immortality. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity? Therefore strict guidelines were subsequently created, a 10 commandments of the Quote Wall if you will. This collective work is currently residing somewhere in Brooklyn with Atlas, who for all intents and purposes fell off the damn earth! But there, it is safe, as it's words and signatures (you HAD to put your name by everything said... take ownership damnit) have the distinct ability to ruin several political careers. Ahh... the memories.

As I am currently sentenced to living in purgatory a.k.a Columbus, Ohio, I need to an outlet for ignorance and foolishness. I know things wont get as ridiculous as the aforementioned Quote Wall, but hopefully fools find this funny, entertaining, and not too offensive. Remember, if anything I say offends you... deal with it. Shit was probably REAL funny to everyone else. Laugh and move on...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

Welcome to the blogosphere nubian!

12:34 PM  
Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

And great blog title! I'm actually a little jealous.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephane King said...

Welcome to the darkside Akeem. I think I probably made that wall a few times??

8:43 AM  
Blogger Prince Akeem said...

Thanks for the warm welcome... and yes Stephane, I do believe you were on the Wall a few times.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home