Monday, August 08, 2005

Chicken Fries

As a Black man who loves chicken, I felt it was my duty to try Burger King's ("BK") new product geared towards the Black Community - Chicken Fries. Even though BK's commercials advertising these novelties features random white people in chicken masks singing rock music (really bad rock music at that), all of us with a higher melanin content know the truth.

I ordered a 9 piece (I had to adequately test the product) for $2.69. Not a bad start. Comes with a "buffalo" style dipping sauce. Even better. I paid the cashier and went on my way. When I finally sat down to fully experience the taste, I discovered a few things. 1. The buffalo dipping sauce is actually the same sauce they use on the spicy chicken tendercrisp sandwich to make it "spicy". Sadly it tastes infinitely better on the sandwich, I would recommend BBQ sauce or your other favorite dipping flavor. 2. They are basically skinny chicken strips. The idea of the fries must be their attempt of psychological warfare on our senses. By eating the 9 "fries" BK is expecting you to believe that your as full as if you ate 4 chicken strips. Nope, not the case. I really wish I got a combo as I was still hungry.

Verdict - Chicken fries are good, sauce is ok. Not bad for a quick snack. Nevertheless, I still say the food at my previous place of employment, McDowell's, is much better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

You look hot in that McDowell's hat.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home