Monday, August 29, 2005

Movie Review

On Saturday I decided to make it a Blockbuster night. There were plenty of movies that I wanted to see but I knew I'd be seeing some of them very soon (this weekend) for free so there was no need to pay to see them now. I ended up getting Constantine and Layer Cake. Constantine is a good movie, but not great. Entertaining and some pretty cool graphics but I felt like it was missing something. Watching the deleted scenes I discovered what it was. They erased a female love interest from the entire movie, which would have made it SO MUCH BETTER. Not that there wasn't that female love interest tension between our favorite Matrix hero and the cop, but the other love interest would have made it sooo much better. Trust me. It explains a lot. Besides, If you've seen the movie trailer, you have seen the movie.

Layer Cake is decent but wait until it comes on HBO or something. I had never heard of it, but reading the box in blockbuster it said "from the director of Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" which are good movies. It also promised, plot twists, gangsters, crime, and cool stuff. Well the movie delivers that to a point, but after you have seen enough of the Oceans 11 and 12, Thomas Crown, Snatch, etc. plot twist movies... it's not that difficult to figure out. In fact this movie is a combination of Oceans 11, Snatch, and Empire (which is a good movie if y'all haven't seen it). However, Layer Cake isn't as good as any one of those, it just incorporats elements of them into the movie.

I was recently informed that on a episode of CSI Warrick said, "There is nothing sadder than a young girl with a raggedy pair of draws". Priceless... no wonder that is one of my favorite shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home