Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekends

I know my posts have become sporadic (I've actually had work to do while at work) and I apologize. The cyclical nature of my job is hilarious, especially because of the position I'm in. There have been times where I honestly have worked for 30 minutes over the course of the day. Being salaried, that is a good thing. That are also weeks, like the last 2-3 where I have been working closer to 60 hour weeks, before factoring in weekends. And no I am not a consultant or I-banker.

You ever wake up on a Saturday or Sunday, realize you have a ton of stuff to do, but you just might get it done quickly and without spending a dime? That was me a couple Saturdays ago. I had that dream crushed before 9 am. I went to get my tires rotated (which is free) and then do some other things while I was out. Turns out my tire tread was so low that they wouldn't rotate them. I was planning on getting new tires and rims next year but this was a bit premature. Alas, I bit the bullet, picked some new tires and rims and waited. Three hours, an apologizing manager for not having a tire in stock and being forced to send a messenger to get it from another store, a 10 minute torrential downpour, and a bottle of water later I take my car and leave. I love my new tires, even though my credit card doesn't.

There was something else I wanted to mention but I've completely forgotten what it was. I'll check back in later. Happy belated b-day Quint.

I've rediscovered my love for the beautiful game and now I'm spending too much time watching it on TV. When I quit playing after Freshman year, I had to quit cold turkey. No watching it, playing it, talking about it, etc. It was rough. Lately I'm getting the urge to play again. In order to get my fill, I spend too many hour watching FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) which shows games non stop. Bloody brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home